School Director - Christian Academy in Mozambique (critical need)
Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM) has transitioned from a missionary kid school to a school that impacts missionary, international, and Mozambican families. As the director, you’ll impact the next generation in Mozambique to be ambassadors for Christ in business, ministry, and social sectors. You’ll help create an environment that provides high-quality education and equips each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically.
CAM’s core values are to develop Christian character, critical thinking, and global citizenship among its students. If you share those values and a desire to use your administrative abilities to impact children and families, we would love to connect with you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercise strong leadership to grow the school, review and develop our international curriculum, invest in our African and international teachers, recruit new staff members, maintain financial viability and move the school into a new accreditation phase.
- Exhibit mature Christian faith and a comprehensive understanding of Christian values/mission.
- The Director will be expected to learn Portuguese (national language) to at least an intermediate level to support their role and help he/she settle into life in Mozambique.
- Seek a local evangelical church with which to join and serve.The Director will be expected to raise support to cover cost of living, while the school may provide a financial assistance package towards some expenses.
- Oversee all school activities and appropriately delegate teaching, administrative and auxiliary responsibilities.
As soon as possible
Two years or more
- Master's degree in education or educational administration (or progress toward degree) preferred
- Meets ACSI requirements for Head of School" (preferred)
- Three years of classroom teaching experience
- Three years of experience in a school leadership position
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience (preferred)
- English fluency
- Willingness to learn Portuguese
- Eligible for employment in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission organization, and our team members raise financial support to cover their pay, living, and ministry expenses. The school may provide some financial assistance at their discretion.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.