Helping Hands Compassionate Outreach exists to mobilize and equip the church to creatively communicate the Gospel to individuals living with disabilities and their families. We are seeking qualified physical therapists to join our team to help meet some of the physical needs of those we are ministering to and also to be involved in training of volunteers and staff within the ministry. There is a real need for skills in physical therapy here in Mozambique since many people have limited access to such services.
Helping Hands takes a holistic approach to expressing God’s love to those living with a disability and their families. We're looking for people with a passion to use their practical skills alongside being prepared to share the Gospel, reaching out to communities in Word and deed.
We are planning to have a dedicated outreach center for those living with disabilities which could include treatment rooms. We would love to explore the possibility of hiring Mozambican physical therapists to work in this center. However since the training of physical therapists in Mozambique is very new, we would love to see experienced physical therapists working alongside these staff members to provide additional training and professional development.
- Conduct home visits for those living with a disability, including physical therapy assessments and treatments
- Help the team distribute wheelchairs, walking aids, and crutches where possible.
- Train volunteers in basic physical therapy skills to impact more people
- Potential opportunities exist to visit partner churches in the center and north of the country to offer training and support as they seek to establish the Helping Hands Ministry there.
- Train Mozambican physical therapists as opportunities arise
As soon as possible
Both Long Term & Short Term
1-12 months or 1+ years
- Certified physical therapist
- Two years experience preferred
- Willingness to learn Portuguese
- Ability to adapt to a different culture
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to a different culture and living environment
- Valid driving license
- Eligible for employment through the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission and our staff raises 100% of their financial support to cover their pay, living and ministry expenses.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.