Performing Arts Teacher (K-12)
Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM) exists to provide high-quality education in a Christian environment that equips each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically to be effective ambassadors for Christ and effective servants in society. The school serves missionary, international, and Mozambican families. CAM’s core values are to develop Christian character, critical thinking, and global citizenship among its students. Leadership and faculty are expected to exhibit these same values and effectively transmit them to our students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the school's philosophy of Christian education through instruction, action, and example
- Serve as a role model to the students, modeling Jesus Christ.
- Plan and implement a program of study that meets the spiritual, academic, social, and physical needs of the students while taking into account their interests and abilities
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
- Schedule lesson preparation time and participate in faculty meetings, parent meetings, and special events. Be available to counsel students as needed.
- Actively pursue ways to improve their abilities and performance, both formally and informally.
- Appropriately handle confidential information
As soon as possible
Both Long Term & Short Term
One school year or more
- Bachelor's degree in education or other academic degree with present or past teacher certification.
- Specific educational background in music and/or drama
- Cross-cultural experience (preferred)
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- English fluency and willingness to learn Portuguese
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission organization, and our team members raise financial support to cover their pay, living, and ministry expenses. The school may provide some financial assistance at their discretion.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.