Performing Arts Teacher (K-12)
Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM) has transitioned from a missionary kid school to a school that impacts missionary, international, and Mozambican families. As a performing arts teacher, you’ll impact the next generation in Mozambique to be ambassadors for Christ in business, ministry, and social sectors. You’ll help create an environment that provides high-quality education and equips each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically.
CAM’s core values are to develop Christian character, critical thinking, and global citizenship among its students. If you share those values and a desire to use your administrative abilities to impact children and families, we would love to connect with you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the school's philosophy of Christian education through instruction, action, and example
- Serve as a role model to the students, modeling Jesus Christ.
- Plan and implement a program of study that meets the spiritual, academic, social, and physical needs of the students while taking into account their interests and abilities
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
- Schedule lesson preparation time and participate in faculty meetings, parent meetings, and special events. Be available to counsel students as needed.
- Actively pursue ways to improve their abilities and performance, both formally and informally.
- Appropriately handle confidential information
As soon as possible
Both Long Term & Short Term
One school year or more
- Bachelor's degree in education or other academic degree with present or past teacher certification.
- Specific educational background in music and/or drama
- Cross-cultural experience (preferred)
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- English fluency and willingness to learn Portuguese
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission organization, and our team members raise financial support to cover their pay, living, and ministry expenses. The school may provide some financial assistance at their discretion.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.