Helping Hands Compassionate Outreach exists to mobilize and equip the church to creatively communicate the Gospel to individuals living with disabilities and their families. We are seeking qualified occupational therapists to join our team to help meet some of the needs of those we are ministering to and also to be involved in training of volunteers and staff within the ministry. There is a real need for skills in occupational therapy here in Mozambique since many people have limited access to specialized services.
Helping Hands takes a holistic approach to expressing God’s love to those living with a disability and their families. We're looking for people with a passion to use their practical skills alongside being prepared to share the Gospel, reaching out to communities in Word and deed.
We are planning to have a dedicated outreach center for those living with disabilities which could include treatment rooms. We would love to explore the possibility of hiring Mozambican physical therapists to work in this center. However since the training of physical therapists in Mozambique is very new, we would love to see experienced occupational therapists working alongside these staff members to provide additional training and professional development.
- Conduct home visits for those living with a disability, including occupational therapy assessments, providing advice to family members or teaching activities that can be practiced in the home setting.
- Help select, procure, and distribute suitable mobility aids to better serve those living with disability.
- Train volunteers in basic therapy skills to impact more people
- Potential opportunities exist to visit partner churches in the center and north of the country to offer training and support as they seek to establish the Helping Hands Ministry there.
- Train Mozambican therapists as opportunities arise
As soon as possible
Both Long Term & Short Term
1-12 months or 1+ years
- Certified occupational therapist
- Two years experience preferred
- Willingness to learn Portuguese
- Ability to adapt to a different culture
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to a different culture and living environment
- Valid driving license
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission and our staff raises 100% of their financial support to cover their pay, living and ministry expenses.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.