Ministry and Outreach Apprentice
Serve alongside a long-term missionary family and a healthy Brazilian church to share the Gospel and disciple new believers. This church is passionate about outreach and serves in a largely unchurched, middle-class community. The church also has a goal to start an English service and English ministries program to engage new individuals. Primary ministries will include helping with church English ministries and services and local outreach opportunities to orphans or the elderly. Other opportunities in children's ministry, sports, music, arts and crafts, or media may be available depending on your gifts and interests. Engage in language learning and be mentored by missionaries and local pastors in church planting to discern whether God is leading you to plant a new church alongside a Brazilian team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use area of personal interest (music, sports, art, computers, etc.) as a way to create relationships with people who don't yet know Jesus
- Present the good news of Jesus in a way that is understandable
- Lead new believers in basic Bible studies
- Disciple and mentor new believers as they grow in their faith
- Help believers identify and use their gifts
- Train and partner with emerging leaders
- Partner with CONIM (or like-minded organizations) and work cooperatively with their leadership structure
As soon as possible
- Passion for evangelism and discipleship
- Previous church planting experience preferred
- Relational and teachable
- Able to adapt well to change and work well with ambiguity
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Good communication skills, including written and oral
- Continuously deepening knowledge of Scripture
- Experience with Portuguese, or willingness to learn
- College graduate or equivalent experience preferred
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission and our staff raises 100% of their financial support to cover their pay, living and ministry expenses.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.