Journalism Intern - Summer 2018
As a missions organization, we know the power of the written word to transform lives. Our communications team creates compelling written content that illustrates the heart of One Mission Society and how God is working through OMS missionaries and ministries. As the journalism intern, you’ll create, edit, and proofread different types of content for the OMS website, print publications, and promotional material. You’ll have the opportunity to interview missionaries and ministry partners and share their stories of Gospel transformation.
You’ll come away with great content for your portfolio along with incredible stories of how God is using ordinary people to do extraordinary things for His kingdom.
About the Summer Internship Program
As a summer intern, you'll serve at our headquarters in Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. We typically have 6-10 interns every summer across various departments.
Our internship program is designed to help you grow spiritually and professionally during your time with us, so you'll be involved in events like chapels and prayer times, as well as weekly professional development lunches on topics like writing a resume or prioritization. You'll also have a mentor to walk alongside you through the summer.
- Summer 2018 internship program: May 21-July 27, 2018
- Application deadline: February 23, 2018
- Internships can be volunteer or paid (involves raising financial support for a salary)
- Free housing is typically available for interns
Interested? Begin the application process at http://apply.onemissionsociety.org.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Entering junior or senior year (preferred)
- Experience with journalistic writing, including interviews and profiles
- Proven experience balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Creativity and a knack for finding compelling stories
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interns may choose to volunteer their time or raise financial support to receive a salary for the summer.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.