High School Principal - Christian Academy in Mozambique
Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM) exists to provide high-quality education in a Christian environment that equips each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically to be effective ambassadors for Christ and effective servants in society. The school serves missionary, international, and Mozambican families. CAM’s core values are to develop Christian character, critical thinking, and global citizenship among its students. Leadership and faculty are expected to exhibit these same values and effectively transmit them to our students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote school mission and core values in all activities.
- Exercise strong leadership to review and develop our International Curriculum, invest in our African and International teachers, work with the School Director to recruit new staff members and move the school into a new accreditation phase.
- Create a Christ-centered school culture with ongoing continued development of teaching and learning.
- Develop and Implement policies to promote and ensure a safe school environment.
- Assist instructional staff (in your department) with alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment including learning goals in order to fulfil the school’s 3 core values.
- Monitor, assist and evaluate effective instruction and assessment practices. Schedule and implement teacher evaluations in their department.
- Exhibit mature Christian faith and a comprehensive understanding of Christian values/mission. Demonstrate Biblical moral, ethical, and profession standards of performance and personal integrity, which includes addressing problems and issues in an open, honest and timely manner. Ensure proper conduct. Serve as a champion for the school and the school community.
- Model and promote trust, enthusiasm, rapport, respect and openness among faculty, staff, students, and members of the community. Celebrate successes and recognize the achievements of others.
- Create and promote a professional environment by assuring all activities are conducted with utmost respect and professionalism.
- Honor the ideas of others even when there are varying perspectives. Work collaboratively to resolve disagreements and seek mutually respectful solutions.
- Actively participate in meetings, professional development and seminars relating to the school.
- Participate in school academic, athletic, and co-curricular activities to supervise and advocate for the school.
- Teach part-time and substitute as necessary.
- The Principal will be encouraged to learn Portuguese (national language) to at least an intermediate level to support their role and help him/her settle into life in Mozambique.
- Seek a local evangelical church with which to join and serve.
As soon as possible
Three years or more
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Current or former teaching certification
- Three years teaching experience
- Experience in high school education
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- English fluency and willingness to learn Portuguese
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission organization, and our team members raise financial support to cover their pay, living, and ministry expenses. The school may provide some financial assistance at their discretion.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.