In many countries, the need for churches and worshipping groups far exceeds the number of available churches and trained pastors. One Mission Society utilizes a discipleship tool called Train and Multiply (T&M) to equip pastors and lay leaders to plant and multiply worshipping groups and disciples. In this role, you'll encourage and assist local pastors as they equip lay leaders in church multiplication. Through this role, you'll increase the number of pastors and churches engaged in outreach, discipleship, church planting, and equipping and releasing lay people for ministry so that a growing number of individuals can know and follow Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit individual pastors for evaluating, coaching and encouragement.
- Build a good relationship with and working alongside the national church area leader
- Assist in training events for pastors and lay people, especially in T&M training
- Raise up prayer support for the area and people groups in the region
- Empower trainers to achieve their church multiplication goals.
- Work alongside other mission personnel involved in this ministry
Success in this role is defined by:
- Training events and appropriate follow-up
- Regular visits with leaders and pastors.
- Good relationships and trust being built
- An active network of prayer.
This could be a full-time role or performed part-time alongside another role, such as a seminary professor.
As soon as possible
Two years or more preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Theology, Divinity, or Biblical Studies
- Training in Train and Multiply (or willingness to learn)
- Pastoral, missions, and/or cross-cultural experience (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to learn national language
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including cross-cultural communication
- Organizational skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work and live independently
- Willingness to travel and live in rural or remote locations
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission and our staff raises 100% of their financial support to cover their pay, living and ministry expenses.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.