Academic Director - Christian Academy in Mozambique
Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM) exists to provide high-quality education in a Christian environment that equips each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically to be effective ambassadors for Christ and effective servants in society. The school serves missionary, international, and Mozambican families. CAM’s core values are to develop Christian character, critical thinking, and global citizenship among its students. Leadership and faculty are expected to exhibit these same values and effectively transmit them to our students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and shape the curricula and teaching processes. Mentor our African and International teachers, work with the school director to recruit new staff members, and move the school into a new accreditation phase.
- Lead educational committees and the accreditation committee to gain compliance with the required standards of education.
- Work with faculty to select textbooks and other educational materials and manage the purchase of supplies. Responsible for the research and design of educational materials and instructional methods to meet our core values.
- Provide and/or arrange for appropriate professional development throughout the school year.
- Observe teachers in the classrooms and complete evaluations regularly. Give feedback and review professional instructional plans. Follow up on the plans and complete formal reviews on a regular basis. Provide constructive feedback on teacher evaluations. Keep copies of the reviews and the professional instructional plans in the teacher’s files.
- Work with teachers to create instructional schedules that offer sufficient coursework to students to comply with graduation requirements.
- Exhibit mature Christian faith and a comprehensive understanding of Christian values/mission.
- The Academic Director will be encouraged to learn Portuguese (national language) to at least an intermediate level to support their role and help he/she settle into life in Mozambique.
- Seek a local evangelical church with which to join and serve.
- Teach part-time and substitute as necessary.
As soon as possible
Two years or more
- Master's degree in education or educational administration (or progress toward degree)
- Three years of experience in a school leadership position
- Three years of teaching experience
- Cross-cultural experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- English fluency
- Willingness to learn Portueguese
- Eligible for employment in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK
One Mission Society is a faith-based mission organization, and our team members raise financial support to cover their pay, living, and ministry expenses. The school may provide some financial assistance at their discretion.
- Spread the word
- request information
- call us 317.888.3333 and ask for Mobilization.