Audrey and Jose Banales
José and Audrey Bañales serve in Regional Ministries for One Mission Society, covering the South Region, which includes Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Louisiana. As regional directors, they:
- Maintain and continue relationships with existing church contacts, promoting prayer, a missions vision, and donor relations.
- Develop new church contacts with pastors, missions committees, and individuals, telling them about the work of OMS and how they can be a part of it.
- Attend missions conferences in churches to promote OMS.
- Assist and schedule funding missionaries to develop relationships with churches and encourage mutual communication.
- Motivate and assist new missionary candidates to develop relationships with churches for prayer and financial support.
- Provide resources to churches concerning missionary projects for children’s education, Sunday school, and vacation Bible school.
- Organize and lead church mission teams to OMS fields by giving pre- and post-trip orientation and in-country cultural education.
- Recruit individuals called to missionary service for short-term and long-term mission opportunities or internships with OMS around the world, in regional ministries, or at OMS World Headquarters in Greenwood, Indiana.
- Attend missions emphasis weeks in colleges or universities.
For eight years, José and Audrey served with OMS in Mexico City, where they were involved in evangelism, church planting, and teaching English as a foreign language in communities, churches, public and private schools, and businesses for the purpose of evangelism.
José currently serves as the Every Community for Christ evangelism shepherd for Mozambique. He traveled to Mozambique every September from 2008–2011. His role is to encourage the work of the evangelism coordinators for Mozambique and to visit church and village pastors throughout the country.
Audrey has traveled to Mozambique with a team from Dynamic Women in Missions and to Haiti on two occasions to work in an orphanage and to provide support and encouragement after the January 2010 earthquake. She also recently joined a work team from Oklahoma to Mexico City.
- S.O.S. Kids, Mexico City: José and Audrey coordinated the Save our Street Kids Project and organized mission work teams to renovate the first floor of an empty garage building for the purpose of using it as a drop-in center for street kids ranging in ages from 10–25 years old. It took 2½ years, 10 teams, and more than 100 people to complete the project, and the facility was dedicated in February 2010. The second phase provides temporary living quarters for street kids before they are sent to a rehabilitation center.
- Water Well for Picoco, Mozambique: They worked with the vacation Bible school in their home church to raise $4,000 for a water well in a Mozambican village.
- Radios for Haiti: José and Audrey worked with several churches in vacation Bible school to raise funds for solar-powered, fixed-tuned radios for Radio 4VEH, the Evangelistic Voice of Haiti. Over $7,000 was raised in four churches.