August 23 2019
Meet Riho, the first deaf Estonian to earn a degree in
three years we had sign language translators for our classes, working with Riho
to complete his studies. In the 1990s Riho planted a deaf church in
Tallinn that has sent missionaries to work with deaf people in China, Jordan,
across Russia, and beyond.
His courage and commitment are incredible, but Riho recognized the need for
in-depth teaching to help him take his congregation deeper in their
understanding of God. Teaching Riho was a real honor. Pray that God will
reward his hard work with much fruit among the deaf community!
By Mark Nelson, OMS Missionary in Estonia
February 8 2019
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
It is a great privilege to share with you a brief testimony of what God is teaching us as a family at the Biblical Seminary of Colombia.
- 1. He is teaching us the value and meaning of waiting. God has heard our cries as we wait and pray, teaching us that his response is always best and timely for us.
- 2. We are learning the value of gratitude. We have experienced unparalleled joy in witnessing the manifold blessings that God gives, and we are thrilled to testify of his goodness toward us.
- 3. We have learned the value of the local church and that being part of the body of Christ is one of the greatest privileges and blessings that God has prepared for us.
- 4. We have learned the value of giving and receiving. Joy is not only found in receiving but also in giving. As we witness how our brothers and sisters in Christ are willing to give everything they have to bless God’s children.
- 5. We have learned the value and power in prayer. Our absolute dependence on him is manifested in a constant life of prayer, and we are learning to truly and fully depend on his answers to our prayers.
- 6. We have learned that trusting in God is an exercise that helps us grow and mature our faith.
- 7. We have learned that this journey is not about us but about the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Matos family can testify that we have been blessed throughout this process in the Biblical Seminary of Colombia. God has blessed us with health and has provided us the opportunity to grow together as a family.
En Cristo (In Christ),
David Matos family